Fergus Clan Gathering
The Fergus Scottish Festival is proud to host over 40 Clan Societies, who indulge in exploring their histories, creating new friendships and reuniting with those of old, and participating in the appreciation of the ancient Clan systems that existed in Scotland’s past.
Each society houses a Clan Cabana on the Festival’s “Avenue of the Clans”, which allows the exchange of information about individual Clans, their role in Scottish history, the many tartans and septs, and the many relationships that exist with modern Scottish and North American culture.
Clan registration ensures:
- A tent, tables, and chairs on the Avenue of the Clans
- On-site parking in the Clan area for 1 vehicle
- Two weekend adult passes
- Dedicated refreshments for Clan members
- The opportunity to win the Best Clan award
- Clan recognition on the Festival website
- Recognition of any Clan dignitaries during the Festival
- Wi-Fi available
Clan events during the weekend include:
- Clan representation in the Thursday night downtown parade
- The traditional Hearth Lightin’ ceremony on Friday night
- The Parade of the Clans during the Welcoming Ceremony on Saturday
- Participation in the Festival Passport program. Bring a Clan stamp for the kids!
Should you consider hosting a tent, we strongly urge you to stay over for Sunday when a more relaxed atmosphere allows time for discussion with visitors and meeting with other clan groups.
No refunds. No exchanges. No exceptions.