Camping Registration & Information
Important Updates for 2022:
Non serviced weekend campsite: $175 plus fees and taxes online
Serviced weekend campsite: $220 plus fees and taxes online
NEW! To maximize health and safety, each campsite has a limit of two structures and 6 people per site.
Campsite pricing DOES NOT INCLUDE the price of ANY wristbands. Wristbands must be purchased separately for every on-site camper/guest.
For camping trailers over 40 feet, we have a dedicated oversize RV area as noted on the campground map. Shaded camping area will not accomodate trailers over 28 feet.
Parking on campsite for ONE vehicle included (additional parking spots can be purchased at the time of check-in).
Please note that all campsite sales are FINAL. There will be NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES.
The Fergus Scottish Festival will be presented in accordance with applicable local public health guidelines as of the date of the event which may change at any time as determined by federal, provincial or local government. While cautiously optimistic, we know that restrictions could be re-introduced at any time. Such requirements may include, without limitation, changes to capacity, attendance procedures and entry requirements, such as proof of vaccination and other protective measures such as requiring attendees to wear face coverings. At the Festival we are working hard and enhancing all of our processes and procedures to ensure all of our guests feel safe and welcome while enjoying the best of “Scotland Without The Airfare.”
Camping on the Fergus Scottish Festival site, close to all the activities and events, ensures that you don’t miss a thing all weekend long! Please bring your receipt and confirmation to the camping registration volunteers when you arrive. Please note: all sales are final. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
The campsite reservation system is a self-serve function that allows you to view and reserve onsite campsites for the Fergus Scottish Festival and Highland Games. Please note: NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
How it works:
- **Please ensure that your browser is up to date**
- Click the green Select Sites button on the upper right side of the page to open the reservation page
- You will have 15 minutes to complete your online registration (countdown clock is located on the upper right corner of your screen)
- You will have the opportunity to view all available sites on the interactive map and click to place a hold on your chosen campsite (will show YELLOW on your screen once clicked; WHITE means the campsite is unavailable)
- Hover your computer mouse over the campsite for site description, cost, and availability
- Click your chosen campsite to reserve; the button will change colour to YELLOW
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to view or remove your chosen site from your shopping cart *PLEASE NOTE: the shopping cart displays your chosen campsite using the words ROW AND SEAT
- Once you are satisfied with your reservation, click the “Continue Reservation” button to proceed to the Shopping Cart
- Review Shopping Cart content and click the “Checkout” button to fulfill your order
- Please enter a “Mobile Number” for the cell phone you will have with you onsite during festival weekend. This information will be used in case of emergency only.
- Click the “Continue” button to fill out your Customer Information, agree to our Terms of Service, and complete your online payment
- Upon completion of your transaction, your receipt will be displayed with your confirmation information and a link to View/Print your tickets
- A receipt will be emailed from Showclix to the email address you provided, with all of your transaction details – check your inbox, spam folder, and/or trash folder
- All sales are final; no refunds or exchanges are available
*Please Note: there will be many people accessing the reservation page at the same time; the reservation software will place a hold on a first-come-first-serve basis. The availability of sites on the site map / site selection page is only accurate to the time that you displayed the page.
Remember, you only have 15 minutes to complete your transaction once you’ve selected your sites; keep an eye on the countdown clock on the top right-hand corner of your screen!
You will be directed to the Camping Registration tent located on site at the Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex to pick up your camping registration package.
Campers may check-in at the Camping Registration Tent during the following times:
- Thursday from 12pm (noon) to 9pm
- Friday 8am to 8pm
- Saturday 8am to 12pm (noon)
Campsites will be held for those campers arriving late in the weekend, however no discounts or refunds will be offered. No refund will be offered to campers who leave the Festival early. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges are available.
Campsite Rules and Regulations:
- All campsites are on the Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex grounds. Campers are required to respect and comply with the rules and regulations governing the Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex and the Fergus Scottish Festival and Highland Games.
- No more than six people can occupy a campsite unless these people comprise a single family of parents and their children.
- You are allowed two pieces of shelter equipment plus one dining shelter on your campsite, where space allows. Only one piece of shelter equipment can be a tent trailer, house trailer, motor home, or self-propelled camping unit.
- Every person who is camping must have and wear a valid Festival wristband at all times. Pipe Bands are required to purchase wristbands for whichever days they are not competing.
- Every campsite will receive one camping area parking pass that allows parking for one vehicle per campsite (please note, motor homes and RV’s are considered vehicles). Only one vehicle per site, There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Campers can park additional vehicles in the designated overflow parking for campers at a cost of $10 per vehicle for the weekend.
- Campers must camp on the site they have registered and paid for.
- Campfires are only permitted if there is no fire ban in effect. Only OFF GROUND campfires (i.e. elevated pits) are permitted on the Festival grounds. Please bring your own pit or something to keep the fire above ground. Campers who do not comply with campfire requirements will be asked to leave the Festival and will not be issued a refund.
- For safety reasons, two-wheeled motorised vehicles and bicycles are NOT permitted on the Festival grounds.
- The Festival does not supply picnic tables for individual camp sites.
- Pets are not allowed on the Festival site, excluding service dogs. Pets are permitted in the campsites only.
- Firewood will be available for sale on Festival grounds. You are NOT permitted to bring your own firewood.
- Alcohol, vaping and the smoking of cannabis is permitted on your campsite only, and only for those aged 19 and older.
- As a courtesy to other campers, quiet hours shall be from 1:00am to 7:00am with site policing. Please be aware that this is a family Festival, and we encourage respect for all attendees.
- All campers must vacate the Festival grounds BY MONDAY, AUGUST 15th, 2022, at 11am.
- All campers must leave their campsite clean and free of garbage.
- All campers must remove propane cylinders from the grounds for appropriate disposal.
- While the Fergus Scottish Festival and Highland Games has security on site throughout the weekend, neither the Fergus Scottish Festival nor the Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex assume any responsibility for goods lost or stolen or for any damage to vehicles or equipment parked at this site.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SECURITY WILL BE ON SITE ENFORCING RULES AND REGULATIONS.
Should you have any questions or concerns while camping at the Festival, please visit the Camping Registration Tent or Information Services. Volunteers and Ambassadors are readily available on the Festival grounds.
Camping Frequently Asked Questions
All sites are approximately 20′ x 40′. Tree area sites may vary in size and are not suitable for camping trailers over 28 feet. There is a dedicated camping row for RVs over 40 feet as noted on the map.
Shower and washroom facilities are available in the Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex, Thursday through Monday – 6am to midnight. Showers and toilet facilities are also available 24 hours a day in the camping area.
Limited electricity is available for some sites. Hook-up requires a 100 foot, 15 amp maximum extension cord.
Water is available, though water hook-up is not guaranteed. We suggest that you bring a bucket or a long garden hose, up to a maximum length of 100 feet, for potential water hook-up.
No dump or grey water stations are available onsite. Highland Pines Campground has a dumping station.
All campers must leave their campsite clean and free of garbage. Garbage disposal and garbage receptacles are available on site. Campers are asked to take propane cylinders with them for appropriate disposal.
Ice is available for purchase at a local convience store within walking distance of the campsites. Ice is also available on-site for the Highland Pub during their open hours.
Wood is available for purchase onsite should there not be a fire ban. Please do not bring your own wood.
Bring a hammer if you are pitching a tent. The ground can be hard.
And don’t forget your kilt!